Thursday 19 September 2013

Summer Placement at skignz


I am currently a BA (hons) Business Management Marketing stream student returning to Teesside University to complete my third year. I’ve recently completed one year’s industrial placement followed by a summer placement with Skignz. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in both establishments and feel I have grown both professionally and personally from the opportunities and experience I have obtained.

Skignz has allowed me to utilize and expand my knowledge of social media management, market analysis, product development and events management. My role required me to be creative in the ways in which we target a segmented market. I have tailored social media platforms to appeal to both corporate and social users i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Blogger, Flicker, Instagram, Google+, YouTube, Stumble Upon Pinterest and Pearl Tree. Establishing a brand identity and driving user figures were the two main areas of focus when using social media.

I have contributed in creating the brand guidelines for skignz and worked on various promotional materials including an article to be published in Contagious. Attending strategic meetings with the managing directors allowed me to participate in the development of the company by providing valuable input as to how the product will be perceived and what was needed to meet consumer expectation. Liaising with clients such as Teesside University has allowed me to gain experience of client relationships and rapport building. I have carried out various events management tasks by organising and delivering events to correspond with skignz promotional activity. 

As my time with skignz draws to a close, I am grateful for the opportunities I have had and will apply the skills I have gained to both my educational and professional career. I am now excited to return to University as a placement ambassador. I hope to share my industrial experience and express the importance of gaining working experience to differentiate yourself from your peers. I feel strongly that placements put students in great stead when joining the employment ladder.





No comments:

Post a Comment